How do I cancel my subscription?So you met that special someone, and you don't need a subscription any more? Congrats!
We always let you have full control over your subscription and you can cancel yourself, any time, without needing to contact us.
Here's how to do it.
If you paid via PayPal or with a Credit Card
1. Go to your Subscription Settings page (on the website, go to Settings, then to "Subscriptions" on the left)
- If you use the app, you will need to go to http://okcupid.com/settings on a browser to adjust your subscription. You can do this on a mobile browser if you don't use a computer.
2. On that settings page you'll see a list of your subscriptions and will see a button to cancel/ downgrade. This will prevent you from being billed again in the future, but you'll keep the rest of the time on your subscription that you have already paid for.
3. If the button says "Renew" instead of "Turn off automatic billing", that means the subscription is already canceled. You should see the date your subscription is set to end.
If you paid via iTunes/ Apple:
Instructions here from Apple.
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings app > [your name] > iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
Unfortunately iTunes does not allow us to cancel subscriptions through them on your behalf; if you're still having trouble you will need to contact iTunes support.
- Go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
If you're still having trouble
Please contact us and we can help you cancel your subscription.
Renewals & disabled accounts
Please note that while we disable billing while your account is disabled, if you re-enable your profile after your billing expiration date you'll be prompted to pay for your subscription again, as your expiration date has passed.
Also, if your subscription is via iTunes or Google Play, those services do not know when your account on OkCupid is disabled or re-enabled, so they do not pause billing in any way while your account is disabled, or even deleted. If you want to stop billing via iTunes or Google Play, you will need to cancel your subscription through them separately from closing your OkCupid account.